Seven Tips To Prolong Your Smile Makeover Results
After you achieve a straight and white smile during a smile makeover in Merrimack, NH, you will want to learn how to maintain your healthy teeth from home. Dr. Kevin Boulard of Something To Smile About offers his patients smile makeovers to improve their smile’s appearance and function effectively. During a consultation, our cosmetic dentist will suggest procedures that will provide a smile rejuvenation. After smile makeover treatment, he will offer tips on good oral hygiene and healthy eating to help you maintain your smile.
What is a smile makeover?
When you’re feeling self-conscious about your smile, Dr. Boulard can help. He uses different cosmetic dentistry procedures to help improve your smile. During an initial consultation, he will examine the teeth and gums closely to make professional recommendations. He will use X-rays to see problems that may exist that cannot be seen with the naked eye. They must be resolved before any type of cosmetic dentistry ensues. A custom treatment plan is made for every patient in Merrimack, NH to address their particular concerns and oral health. Dr. Boulard uses teeth whitening, veneers, Invisalign®, dental bonding, and other cosmetic and restorative dentistry procedures during a smile makeover.
What can a smile makeover correct?
A smile makeover can address many dental situations, including:
Chips, cracks, or breaks
Discoloration, stains, or yellowing
Crooked, misshapen, worn-down, or decayed teeth
Regardless of your reason for having a smile makeover, Dr. Boulard can listen to your concerns and help you restore your self-confidence at Something To Smile About.
General tips to maintain your smile makeover results
After working with Dr. Boulard to achieve a smile you love, you will want to know how to prolong your results. Some tips on how to ensure your smile looks its best for a long time include:
1. Schedule regular dental exams and routine dental cleanings.
2. Maintain good oral hygiene from home with regular brushing and flossing.
3. Change your toothbrush every few months or when the bristles fray. An old toothbrush will not clean your teeth and gums as effectively.
4. Use a non-abrasive toothpaste, especially if you have veneers, to protect dental restorations.
5. Avoid most mouthwash as it contains harsh ingredients that can damage the bond used during fillings, crowns, or veneers.
6. Eat a healthy diet free of hard or sticky foods that can damage the teeth and increase your risk of developing tooth decay.
7. Be aware of any changes with your smile since ignoring them can lead to the need for more extensive procedures in the future.
Ultimately, your smile should be something you are proud of, and maintaining it is an important part of a smile makeover.
Maintain your smile makeover results from home
After achieving a new and improved smile in Merrimack, NH, Dr. Kevin Boulard at Something To Smile About can provide helpful tips to maintain it best. To learn more about what he can do for your smile and what cosmetic dentistry procedures he offers, call Something To Smile About today to schedule a smile makeover consultation.