Six Tips to Prepare For Smile Makeover Treatment
Your smile is the central focus of your appearance, which affects your confidence, both professionally and socially. Today, advanced cosmetic dentistry offers a wide variety of treatment options to repair a range of smile flaws, from tooth discoloration to crooked teeth. If you are unhappy with your smile, it is unlikely it will change on its own, and life is too short not to love the way you look. Let Dr. Kevin Boulard and the dedicated team at Something To Smile About in Merrimack, NH help with a smile makeover. Read on to learn more about how to prepare beforehand when going through the life-changing transformation of changing your smile.
How should I prepare for my smile rejuvenation procedure?
Over time, dental conditions, oral injuries, normal wear and tear, and the aging process can take a toll on your smile. Patients in Merrimack, NH can transform their grin with the benefits of a custom smile makeover. It can also positively impact your functional abilities, oral health, and appearance of your teeth. No matter how minor or significant your smile imperfections may be, it is generally recommended that patients know what they want before speaking with Dr. Boulard. Here are six additional tips to help patients prepare when considering a smile makeover:
- Make sure you know what defects you want to fix and how you want your teeth to look afterward (in size, shape, and color)
- Research which cosmetic dentistry treatments provide a temporary or permanent solution
- Make a list of questions to bring to your smile makeover consultation
- Confirm your dentist has experience in cosmetic dentistry procedures to ensure they can offer the best treatment options
- Realize beforehand that the entire process may take weeks, even months, to complete and varies by patient
- Before undergoing a smile makeover, severely damaged teeth or periodontal disease will need to be treated before a new smile can work
Five reasons to consider a smile makeover
Are you confident when you smile, or are you embarrassed when it comes to smiling back at others? A smile makeover is a customized approach of one or more dental procedures to enhance the smile zone's quality and aesthetics, or the portion of the mouth that people see when you smile. Cosmetic dental procedures selected by Dr. Boulard work together to repair teeth and gum imperfections or blemishes to provide patients with the smile they deserve. Many people undergo cosmetic dentistry help for the following:
- Repair missing, broken, or cracked teeth
- Straighten misaligned, overcrowded, or crooked teeth with orthodontic options
- Gumline reshaping or contouring to improve the appearance of a "gummy smile"
- Professional teeth whitening for discoloration or stains
- Fix noticeable gaps between teeth
Rejuvenate your smile while improving your oral health
While regular brushing and flossing help maintain proper oral hygiene, smile rejuvenation treatments can also boost a person's dental health. Many women and men consider cosmetic dentistry to help them relax and enjoy social or professional situations without worrying about their teeth. Opting to transform your smile helps a person feel better about how they look, with the extra bonus of improving their overall oral health. Cracked, damaged, or misaligned teeth can lead to more severe dental concerns, like tooth decay or loss. Restoring or replacing damaged or missing teeth can do more than simply give patients a great-looking smile. A smile makeover is known to improve a patient's oral health, thus providing general health benefits. Better dental health minimizes the risk of gum disease or cavities, which supports a healthier body.
Ready to have healthy teeth and love your smile?
Let Dr. Kevin Boulard and the professional dental team at Something To Smile About in Merrimack, NH create a smile you will love sharing with others. During your initial consultation with Dr. Boulard, he will listen to your concerns and perform a thorough dental exam to determine the right restorative or cosmetic dental procedures needed to fit your aesthetic needs. To learn more about how you can improve your smile, call and schedule an appointment with Dr. Kevin Boulard today.