WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ALL-ON-6 DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Here are some of the benefits of All-on-6 dental implants:
- Increased stability
- Improved chewing function
- Better aesthetics
- Reduced bone loss
WHO NEEDS AN ALL-ON-6 DENTAL IMPLANT?
The All-on-6 dental implant system is also designed for people who have lost most or all of their teeth in either the upper or lower jaw, but may be a better option for those who have a greater amount of bone loss or a more complex case. It may also be recommended for people who have a stronger bite or who grind their teeth, as the additional implants can provide extra stability and support for the new teeth.
DR. BOULARD’S ALL-ON-6 DENTAL IMPLANT TECHNIQUES
The first step in the All-on-6 dental implant process is to take digital impressions and x-rays of your teeth. Dr. Boulard will develop your unique treatment program and go over your options for sedation throughout your procedures. The process will take place in stages. The first stage involves the surgical placement of the dental implants in your gums. The implants will heal within the jawbone and gums. You will wear a temporary restoration over your implants until the denture is ready to be placed. After a few months, you will come back to get your custom-made dentures connected and then adjusted for a good fit.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR ALL-ON-6 DENTAL IMPLANTS
Taking care of your All-on-6 dental implants is important to ensure they last as long as possible and maintain their function and appearance. Here are some tips for caring for your implants:
- Maintain good oral hygiene: Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss once a day to keep your mouth clean and prevent the buildup of plaque and bacteria. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to avoid damaging the implant or surrounding gum tissue.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods: Avoid chewing on hard objects, such as ice, hard candy, or pens, as well as sticky or chewy foods, as they can damage or dislodge the implant-supported denture.
- Quit smoking: Smoking can increase the risk of implant failure and other oral health problems, so it’s important to quit smoking to help ensure the success of your dental implants.
- Protect your implants: If you engage in sports or other physical activities, wear a mouthguard to protect your dental implants from damage.
ALL-ON-6 DENTAL IMPLANTS ARE SOMETHING TO SMILE ABOUT
The unique All-on-6 system enables you to avoid the hassle and constraints of removable dentures for a result that looks and feels natural. Dr. Boulard will explain the benefits of All-on-6 dental implants and help you decide if you are a candidate. Contact Something To Smile About in Merrimack, NH to schedule a consultation.